Friday, February 01, 2008

A life well lived....

Well, it's been a week now since my Granny died. She was 92 years and 15 days old. You just can't ask for much more than that. What a blessing to see God's mercy so evident at the end of her life. I have been praying for years that He would be merciful and sweet with her when her time to go home came...and thankfully, He was. I am grateful and humbled to have been there to see her the day before she passed. She wasn't communicative at all--and according to the doctor's she was completely blind-but she spent alot of that time with her eyes open looking at me. I don't know if she could see me, or even hear me, but I held her hand, told her I loved her, prayed with her and made peace with not seeing her again on this side of Heaven. It was a really sweet time and as much as I was torn about going home for it, it was absolutely the right decision. I will treasure those last few hours as much as I treasure the 34+ years of memories I have of her. Thank you so much for your prayers on her behalf and on the behalf of my family. They were felt immensely! We will miss her--my dad especially--but we will see her again and for that I am forever grateful.
Christmas Day 2004--sitting in my Daddy's chair --and a rare picture with a real smile!!
Christmas Eve 2005 with a few of the grandkids--(l to r-back to front)Mike, Me, Jeff, Randy, Billy, Tammy, Jimmy, Ronnie,
Michaelyn (great grand child), Gina, Granny, Tina
Christmas Eve 2005
Christmas morning 2006 with the best present ever!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home