Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Post-Turkey Daze...

It's snowing!!! Hard! I'm nervous...all I can think about is the commute tonite!! Freaking snow...

So, since Thanksgiving, not a ton has happened. Certainly no big news. Well, besides the Gov. (Huckabee) rallying the troops in Iowa. No big shocker there---never underestimate him.
Otherwise, had a fairly slow week last week-the big news of the week was Shauna's grandmother. She has had some decline in her health over the past few weeks, and the answer came to the surface after some tests. As it turns out, she has a tumor on her brain that is affecting her mobility. They have run lots more tests and thankfully it has not spread to other parts of her body. She is currently in rehab to help her get around better--and Lord willing--will continue to improve. Keep Shauna and your family in your prayers.

This past weekend was quiet but good. Friday nite I got to see my friend Jill-who I never see anymore! We got to have dinner and hang out for awhile (before I had to rush home at like 9:30 b/c I'm turning into an old lady!) Saturday was house day. I got new curtains, futon cover, rug, bed-skirt and pillows. The day was spent working in my place and getting all the new stuff together. Then I watched football w/ Scott and went to bed at like 9 pm. Sunday I headed to Potomac Falls to spend the day w/ my friend Megan and her family. I went to church w/ them, then lunch, to the mall and to the YMCA where I had a nice long swim (30 hard minutest) and a brick run (10 min). Not bad! As always, had so much fun w/ Megan and her boys. We ate dinner together and I headed back to Alex around 9. Good times.

Here's a funny joke for ya--how do you catch a polar bear? Cut a hole in the ice, line it w/ fish, and when he comes over and bends over to pick up a fish, you kick him in the ice-hole.

Classy. And classic.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

The room looks great :) At least the pictures I have seen of it. Really so much fun.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger amyj said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home