Wednesday, January 30, 2008

2008 Catch up

It's been a busy year. I'm way behind on the blog. My bad. Who knows if anyone even reads this thing anymore. (No comment, huh??)

Quick rundown of events in 2008--not exhaustive by any means...but as much as I can remember.

Katie Mc's b-day--Sunday party at Dawson then a nite out of bar-hopping! (we went to 3 bars and now we hate Gin Gimlets!) Fun stuff.

Annie Liebovits (sp??)--Anne, Susan and I went to the exhibit at the Corchoran. It was pretty amazing. Ansel Adams was there, too..but much less impressive.

Orland, FL--I spent Jan. 14-18 in Orlando for a sales meeting. We stayed right on the lot of universal studios. It wasn't warm or sunny. I didn't get to see Mickey. I just got robbed.

New bedroom--I put some $$ and time into my pad and now have a bedskirt, matching and updated pillows and futon cover, as well as new clothes storage--oh, and my fireplace is now useable. I really like it! I also used my Xmas present from work to get a new stereo. For those of you who are familiar w/ my "real" stereo at home, you would laugh if you saw this one...but still, it's better than a clock radio!! :)

Time w/ Nancy and her little ones--I went to Baltimore for the day to meet Fancy's neice and nephew. We had a great time.

Last but not least, I spent last week and part of this week (left last Wed, got home Monday afternoon) in Arkansas. My Granny passed away on Thursday, so I went home to see her and attend all the requisite family affairs that accompany the death of a matriarch. There will be a post dedicated to her soon. Right now, I just miss her and love her and am glad I was there.

Whew. I'm tired. Haven't quite recovered from all the travel. No doubt in a couple of weeks I'll be stir crazy again!

2008 is gonna be GREAT!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger The Gallaghers said...

Sorry about you losing Granny Rogers. I am so glad you got to go and see her one more time. Your mom and dad must know that God is so pleased with their love, care, dedication and labor devoted to her over the last several years. Very honorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home