Monday, February 11, 2008

Ash Wednesday

I wish I had a picture of the honking ashes I had on my forehead after attending a noon mass near work on Ash Wednesday. I didn't know until I walked the 5 blocks back, took the elevator up to the 5th floor, passed everyone I know and went to the bathroom, only to see a huuuuge cross of ashes the full length and width of my forehead.

I wiped some off, Lord forgive me. No wonder people kept staring.

As for lent, I did give something up--but I'm not telling what. I will say it's not my usual fare; no drinking, or caffeine, or whatever, it's more of a thought/action process. So far, I can't say it's gone great. But it's going.

Had a good weekend--low key. Finally on the upswing from being sick for so long. Meds are really working it.

It's so freaking cold here. Weather says it feels like 8 degrees. I say it feels like "hate." :) Oh yeah, I'm funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home