Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Still Thankful...

I am way behind on posting. I don't have my Turkey Day pics on snapfish, yet...but when I upload them, I will add them here.

Had a great Thanksgiving here in the city. Got off a bit early on Wednesday, met Anne down in Bethesda and we went to see "Dan in Real Life." It was pretty good. Headed back to Dawson to meet Susan (Anne's cousin). Pretty much hung out in the kitchen all nite cooking cheesecake--well, watching Anne cook cheesecake.

We got up early Thursday morning for the Bethesda Turkey Chase 10K. Results here: http://www.runwashington.com/results/searchable.html We had a decent race--considering that it was crazy hilly and I had an arch cramp from mile 2-6 that made me want to chop off my own foot--or head. It was a gorgeous day for a run! And one to be thankful for! After the race, we changed in the car (a post in itself) and headed to church to meet Susan for the Thanksgiving service. We emerged starving and headed to LaMadeliene for some sustanance and lots of lunchtime laughs (mostly due to my high-larious jokes). We spent the afternoon preparing for dinner and then headed over to Jim and Katie's for a wonderful dinner! I provided mac-n-cheese and green bean casserole (not to be outdone by a strictly yankee dinner!). Katie set the most beautiful table and Natalie provided quite the entertainment, as usual. We watched the Cowboys win and headed back to Dawson around 8 for an early bedtime. Anne had to work on Friday and I got to sleep in.

Friday morning I headed back to VA. Spent a lot of the weekend w/ Scott. We went to see "The Mist" and had dinner together on Friday. Saturday was very low key, also. Got to see Sarah and we went to see "August Rush." Sunday, went to church, had lunch w/ the McMurry's and dinner w/ Nancy and her Francie (French boyfriend). Good times.

I have much to be thankful for. It was a great Thanksgiving and I am thankful for good health, good friends, family and the "good life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home