Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Final Countdown...

And no, I don't mean the cheesy 80's song, either. I mean my last days at the Dept. of Justice. It's been a good ride! I've made some good friends here and I will definately miss seeing them regularly. It's sad that our nature makes us not appreciate something fully until it's coming to an end or we lose it. Regardless, I have 3 and 1/2 days left at the Civil division, and I plan on making the most of them! Today I brought my lunch, but I'm going to Franklin every day for the rest of the week!!! :)

BSF (my Monday nite Bible study on Genesis) has been pretty good as of late. We are on Abraham and Isaac. Last nite the lecture was on the near-sacrifice of Isaac. The theme I couldn't get past was Isaac's willingness to be sacrificed. He was somewhere b/w the age of 12 and 37 (although teens is most likely) and he could have gotten away EASILY from his father of 100+ years old. But he didn't. That level of obedience humbles me. As one who rebels EASILY at just about anything, I am struck.

Okay, that brings me to a funny story. Yesterday I got home a bit early from a dr's appt. I was so excited to get home, but didn't have my keys b/c I had switched cars (and therefore keys) w/ my bud. Scott came to the rescue and let me in the house. Blah, blah, blah....In the meantime, in the rush of getting home, hurrying up to get to BSF, doing some things I had to get done, Austin (the big golden retriever that lives upstairs) came in for a visit. Nixon HATES Austin. Despises him, in fact. Austin was thoroughly excited and barking b/c of all the activity (Nixon really hates the barking). Nixon was SO MAD about Austin being in the house, that he went into the kitchen, right outside the litter box (which is a pimpin', extra fancy enclosed box) and pooped RIGHT OUTSIDE the door. As if to say, "you know I hate that dog...so take this!" The litter box is FRESHLY changed!!! There was no reason for him to do that except to get me back. My own flesh and furball!!! Those dang cats, I tell you. They are smart. I immediately sent Austin on his way while I mopped the kitchen floor. Nixon just sat in the corner grinning, as if to say, "Say my name, beeyah!"

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't really say I'm not grossed out. Cats rule!
AJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home