Friday, January 20, 2006

Stupid metro germs...

I'M SICK AGAIN!!!! How is it even possible??? This is like the 50th time already this winter...and it's been a really mild winter! Killin' me! It's gotta be that giant germ train...GOTTA BE! I have got to get a SARS mask or somethin'!!!

Speaking of the metro, yesterday I'm waiting for my train to go home after work, and I see this couple, my parents age, trying to figure out where to go. Obviously their first gig on the metro....so I ask them where their going and tell them how to get there...on my train. She sits next to me and we strike up a conversation (to the chagrin of the other metro patrons--it's against 'the rules' to talk to strangers on the metro....i say, spend a minute in the south, rude yankees!). Turns out it's their first visit (shocker), she's an elementary school principle from SD here for meetings. I tell them where to go eat, where to stay away from (they were already lost on the green line...headed to Anacostia, when I found 'em!), how to get there, etc... So sweet. It was neat. Made me feel like a local--but a NICE one. ;)

But then, today I feel sick again!!! Stupid metro germs...the more you talk, the more germs you take in! That'll teach me! Actually, probably not....I love to talk on the metro sometimes...if for no other reason, just so I'll remember that I am a Southerner, and therefore full of charm, grace, wit and good conversation! I think I'll go read some Mark Twain now.....

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

You crack me up. I love your hospitality and how fun to show those Northerners what a little Southern charm is like. Nothing like giving our capitol a good name! You go girl. I'm proud to call you MAAAAAAAHHHHHH FRRRRRRRRAAAAAYNNNNNNDDDD!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home