Monday, February 06, 2006

Dreams are good.

In the spirit of planning a trip to Euope in April with a good friend (I am!), I have been looking around at the options available to us for our trip. Originally, we were planning on going to Belgium (Anne's idea, for reasons I'm still not sure of--JK, ANCHOVIE!!!) Alas, it appears we may actually be going to Dublin!!! In the spirit of the Irish, I had a Guiness at the Super Bowl party last nite! We have nailed down a date (take that back...just got a call that is putting the dates in question again!)...but we are on our way! We have a committed schedule. Trip to be planned and purchased IN FULL by February 21st (my first day at Discovery!). YEA!!!! Still not 100% sure where or when--but for sure somewhere!
I am soooo excited. For lots of reasons, obviously. It's fun to travel and see the world and all that...but there's more than that. I have a spirit of unrest. It's been awhile since I've been anywhere "foreign" and I have an itch. The itch is starting to make me dream about picking up and moving to Switzerland (see further below). So this trip is big for me. And I'm really excited about going with Anne, too--she's fun to travel with. And we travel really well together. She is definately a Godly friend to me in that, "as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." She is not afraid to pull out a file and take off some of my edges. So I have no qualms about the hard stuff that comes when you travel with someone in close, tight, uncomfortable European quarters!
Another thing I look forward to-we worship well together. I can't wait to go to church there--wherever we end up! And seeing mountains...we both have a thing for the mountains. I feel God in the mountains like NOWHERE else. I look forward to being with someone I feel comfortable worshipping with. What better way to see the world--with an expectation of God's glory. I cannot wait!
It's funny, when Anne and I first became friends, we found we had a mutual thing for a place called L'Abri. L'Abri means "shelter" in French, and it's a place that was founded by Francis and Edith Schaffer in 1955 in Switzerland. The short explanation is that it's a place for people seeking God. I want to go soooo bad I CANNOT STAND IT!!! It's too $$ for our weekend trip, however, so in the meantime I'll settle for Dublin (or wherever we end up!) and hold onto to the "shelter" dream for later!
L'Abri
Field of flowers at L'Abri
Majesty, anyone??

What a view!

I'll go someday! In the meantime, I'll dream of it....cause dreams are good.

3 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Christy,
I would love to email you a picture of our new baby girl!!! here is my email address kcoleman1031@houston.rr.com. Your blog is great!

Kat

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger The Gallaghers said...

we want to go to Ireland one day (what GALLAGHER wouldn't!?) so take lots of pics....

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I've heard of L'Abri and want to read more about it. My mom had a book about the place sitting around our house for years. Too bad you can't go there for the weekend :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home