Monday, August 04, 2008

Weekend Fun.

I had such an awesome weekend this weekend. Despite the cankle, I did some major shopping, the movies and a fun meal out. On Friday, Anne came to spend the weekend w/ me at the Mancuso house. She was PRECIOUS. She brought a huge bag of goodies for me that included beautiful sunflowers, popcorn, movies, wine, brie and bread, salmon, veggies, fruit and ORANGE TIC TACS-MY FAVE!!! She was here to take care of me for the weekend and she did an awesome job!!


Friday nite we went to the movies to see "Step Brothers." I can't recommend it b/c it was way, too nasty. There were a couple of really funny parts tho.


Saturday, we got up, ran to the grocery, had lunch then headed out to Leesburg to the outlets.
We made it in 15.5 minutes--which means Anne won the bet (she guessed 17 min.) Shauna guessed (17.5)--no Shauna was not there--it's just a thing we do. My guess was 21 minutes. Too much. I lose. Listen--don't judge me, we have to get our entertainment somewhere. We're a competitive lot. :) We shopped for hours. Anne pushed me around in the wheelchair like a pro. We almost took out a few small children and one old lady, but hey. We came home, Anne cooked an amazing dinner and we watched a movie.

Sunday, we went to church at Reston Bible. Got lost, but made it in plenty of time for a great communion service. What an awesome reminder of forgiveness, grace and Christ's love for us. It was an awesome sermon and obviously divinely appointed. We had a nice lunch, then Anne left. Tango came over not long after. We had dinner, watched a movie and hung out. Won't be long till we do that every nite in our new place!!!

And just like that, the weekend was over. ***sigh*** The good ones are hard to let go of. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home