Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lots to tell...

It seems like forever since I've been on here. Who knows if you even read anymore (all 3 of you!) Alot has happened since my last post. Namely, moved into DC w/ Nancy, went home for 5 days, moved offices from Farragut North to Gallery Place (Chinatown). It's been a crazy 3 weeks or so.

In the interest of time, here's a quick list of randomness:

-Memorial Day weekend, I moved my stuff into storage and into Nancy's. I've been there for over 3 weeks now. It's LOUD w/ all the sirens and stuff, hard to sleep on the couch---but I'm saving a TON of $$ in commuting costs. I metro everywhere!

-Went home last Sat. thru late Wed. nite. Got to spend Father's Day w/ my Daddy. So fun to see them. It was hot, but good. Spent a ton of time w/ Parker, which was awesome. Took him to Wild River Country for his birthday--he loved it! Cleaned out my storage unit and threw all my stuff away while I was there, too. Cathartic.

-My office moved on Monday. Thursday of last week I was in the office for just a couple of hours--long enough to pack my desk, then spent the afternoon at a funeral. Friday, we all worked from home while the movers did their thing. Monday, we came into the new, sweet offices. LOVE IT. I've already been to Bed, Bath and Beyond twice!

-Friday Tango and I filled out the paperwork for a new place!!! It's a cute, 2 br-1ba apt. in Downtown Bethesda! It's HUGE. Parking will stink, and right now, it stinks like curry--but I've been assurred that will not be the case. Anyway, I LOVE IT!!! We move in (if all goes well) August 16th! It's affordable, cute, and a FABULOUS location! We both love it! Praise the Lord!

-Shauna comes tomorrow for the weekend. Can't wait to see her! We're doing a triathlon on Sunday--we're doing a relay--I'll swim and bike and she'll run. She wanted the t-shirt, so I registered us as a team.

-I completed traffic school (as part of my reduced sentence for reckless driving) and passed the test!! Now I just have to send to the court! Then on with the insurance increase!!!

-I'm buying new furniture for my new place!!! SO EXCITING!!!! Value Cit-ay...here I come!

-I'm moving in w/ my friend Megan and her family for half of July and August (in b/w Nancy's and the new place). I'm VERY excited to get to see Megan everyday! The commute will be brutal, but I've gotten permission to work 3 days from home a week, which will make it tolerable!

-The fire alarm went off at 3:40 am this morning in Nancy's building. We had to evacuate. I've always wondered what I would grab in a fire. I got my phone and my purse. Then Nancy told me to put some pants on. So I did.

1 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

that's funny that you had to put pants on. I like that part. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home