Thursday, May 24, 2007

I stole this idea...

from someone's blog I've never met...but who has a link on a friend's blog. So technically, they could be my cyber-acquaintance. But now I've read their blog--I feel a little stalker-ish...anyway...TMI.

Here are 7 weird things about me (of course if you know me, you probably already know some of these--I tend to be fairly open--ha). And as for follow up, I tag the following people to do the same on your own blogs.....Amy James, Chad, Loverman, Maradee, Shauna--since you don't have a blog, do it in the comments on mine. On your mark....get set....GO!!!

1. I tend to count in my head or spell words out in my head when I'm talking or typing. I don't do it as much anymore, but if I'm tired or nervous, I really do it. I don't even realize it sometimes. I've read that it's a form of OCD. Shocker.

2. I'm obsessed (speaking of OCD) with the hair on my arms. I blame Robin Tolson Rudkins who used to tell me I had man arms because hers are as smooth as a baby's bottom. I think the real reason I love getting a tan in the summer is b/c it bleaches my arm hair!

3. As much as I love to travel, stay w/ friends, etc...I cannot sleep or relax in new places or with "strange" people. By strange I don't mean weird--or even people I don't know--I just mean unusual. They could be people I'm really good friends with, but if I've never spent the nite w/ them, traveled with them or slept in the bed w/ them before, I just will NOT be able to rest. It is PARTICULARLY bad if it's a group trip. So now you know why I always want to stay in the room/share a bed w/Anne or Shauna....if it's w/ you, I won't be able to sleep! Exceptions are Amy and Maradee--come on....I did nothing but sleep w/ ya'll in college! (In the same room/bed...obviously not in a sexual way!!!!)

4. I don't really like cats. I love MY cats. Alot. They are precious and sweet and they are great company. But PLEASE stop giving me cat cards!!! I don't want to be your token 'cat lady friend'! I don't even like cats that much!! I mean, I am DEFINATELY an animal person...but cats aren't my fave. (Don't tell my cats, tho!! Wow. that sounded totally cat-lady-ish.)

5. When I am cold it makes my stomach hurt. I hate being cold. I don't mean chilly, everyone hates to be cold-I mean bone cold. The thought of being cold will make me seriously avoid something. Snow, cold water, etc... That's the real reason I didn't do that stupid waterslide when we went camping at Ohio Pyle a few years ago (I regret it still)---but it was so cold my stomach seized up like I had the freaking cholera or something! It was a REAL big deal when I did the polar bear plunge for this very reason.

6. I can down boxes of orange tic tacs like nothing you've ever seen. Big props to Anne for keeping me in business!! She's a very sweet friend who is generous w/ her gift-giving habits (take note slackers)...and she always puts my fave things in her gifts...including tic tacs!!! She's also seen me eat like 4 boxes at once--enough to make myself sick.

7. I go to the bathroom like 2-5 times a nite after I've gone to bed (the difference b/w 2 and 5 is a good next day or not!). When I walk to the bathroom, I don't turn on the lights, and I don't open my eyes. I guess I'm scared of the dark, kind of...but mostly, I try to pretend like I'm sleepwalking so I don't wake myself up.

Tag! Your turn!

2 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger The Gallaghers said...

WOW! These aren't at all the weirdest things I would have written about you! :)

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I just happened to check in to your blog and noticed my name. I'm sorry to be the source of your man-arm issue. If it helps, I probably said that out of concern for my OWN man-arms! Love ya, Robin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home