Thursday, March 29, 2007

Real joy....

My old friend, Lindsey, passed away late Monday nite after a short struggle with cancer. She was 29. She was lots more than just 29. Lindsey and I became friends when we were part of a community group together at Fellowship North. I was blessed to know her. Her loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers. This is a time to be grateful. This issue of "grateful" is dedicated to Lindsey....
I'm grateful for:
1. Hope for the future. I know Lindsey knew Jesus. She is in Heaven celebrating. I wouldn't wish another second of earth on her considering what she has now...
2. Friends--old and new, seasonal and lifelong. We weren't friends for our entire lives...but she made an impact on me. I will forever be different because she was in my life.
3. Faith. Lindsey had lots of hard stuff in her short life. She also had faith that she was created for more. I take such joy in that--knowing that she is experiencing it even this VERY second...
4. Peace. Even in the quiet our hearts struggle and wrestle...Lindsey had an amazing capacity for peace. I remember this HUGE argument we had once. She was so peaceful thru it. Kept her voice down, encouraged me to calm down.... It made me furious at the time--but I knew then and know now, she wanted what Christ has for us--peace.
5. Courage. I'm so grateful for stories like Lindey's. Pain, sufferring, hard stuff....but being an encourager and a warrior to the end. I missed her end, but I know already of the impact she made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home