Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Strange and wonderful...

Here are some things I've noticed lately that I find fabulously strange and wonderful:

1. Flowers are so cathartic. There's something about playing in the dirt and actually seeing beautiful things grow, that is incredibly healing.

2. Fruit punch makes me happy. No matter when I drink it. I LOVE it. I don't even care it's just liquid sugar. Seriously, it is like a shot of b12 or crack or something...it makes me smile.

3. Training an animal to do something. It's so powerful to know that we can do that! I have been secretly training my cats to obey certain commands--get down, come, whatever--but without the normal voice fluctuations or hand motions that REALLY tell them what to do. Yesterday, Nixon obeyed perfectly like 3 times in a row. I was shocked and awed.

4. I love riding my bike in my bike shoes. I feel very cool and powerful while clipped in...even tho I kind of feel like I might die, too. I think it's worth it....

5. MaryMary--the Christian duo--they sing this song "Shackels" and I can't stop singing it on repeat in the car AND in my head. Just ask poor Anne--she's been subjected to it all weekend. But I LOVE it. I can't NOT dance. It's like a phenom--like Ice, Ice Baby...only better.

This list is by no means exhaustive....maybe I'll add more later! ;)

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Maradee said...

Training cats, eh? You must really be bored. Add that to your recent list of weird things. :) I would like to train cats...to make them disappear! haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home