Thursday, November 03, 2005

Saturday Nite Live makes me furious...

Literally--furious. I don't know if I'm getting old, or crotchety, or what...but I can barely enjoy it anymore!!! Saturday nite they were doing a skit and of course, it was making fun of evangelical Christians. I was so mad for a second that I kind of got sick to my stomach! Don't get me wrong...I haven't lost my sense of humor! I enjoy a good, un-pc joke as much as anybody...in fact I have a few (sprinkle, sprinkle, ya'll!)...and I don't think I have a problem being the butt of jokes, either. But it's just watching that skit on Saturday nite....knowing that SNL was using this as a way to subtly, but deliberately, make Christians--and thus Christ--look stupid and ignorant and backwards and well--EVIL. I was reminded of Paul's call to believers in Romans 12:2--"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

As for SNL--I'll still watch. Not religiously--not even regularly. But those guys and girls are really funny. And I do love the "Bushy" jokes--too bad Harriet dropped out. I can't imagine what they will use for "Scalito." Bring it on!
Just in time for hunting season....how could you shoot this little guy?? He's so cute!

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger The Gallaghers said...

I am so with you on SNL. I love to turn it on....makes me laugh but I always turn it off at some point ANGRY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home