Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween and Football...

Well-the pagan holiday was yesterday. I ate an almond joy this morning to celebrate. Someone brought in their kid's castoffs and left them in the lunchroom. Lucky me! Last nite at Bible study, Shauna worked with the kids (everyone is suppossed to volunteer at least once a semester...i have yet to volunteer once...ahem) There was only one kid. Poor kid. Little Halloween reject. Mom drug them to BSF instead of letting them trick or treat. Shauna said they had a good attitude tho....but today, I bet that kid is MAD. Everybody at school has candy but him. Sad. But good, too. Maybe I got that kid's neighbor's left over almond joy! hehe.

So Bama is 8-0. SWEET. Roll Tide!!! We have a hard season left, so I'm not holding my breath...but I will say, this has been a GREAT year to be a Bama fan! On that note...Saturday, I went to Stars and Stripes to watch the homecoming game against Utah State. This is the site of the Alabama Alumni meetings...basically, they pay the bar to show only Alabama games on Saturday. So it's alot of fun to be with other fans. Anyway, they do a raffle at half time...t-shirts, mugs, bottles of Dreamland BBQ sauce, etc... The BIG prize is a FREE bar tab! Well, I bought some tickets, watched the first half, and was extremely disappointed when I didn't win a t-shirt OR bbq sauce. And then...guess who won the BIG prize??? That's right. Me. So they paid for the ONE beer that I drank. It was funny...and such a waste. It was on somebody else's tab anyway! The guys sitting with me were so jealous. Ha. I never win anything! :)

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roll Tide Roll!! Now looking at 9-0!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home