Thursday, October 13, 2005

Going back for more....

Here we go again...I have my final triathlon for the year (season is pretty darn near over) on Saturday in Waynesboro, VA. That's down near Charlottesville where the University is. I hear that it's absolutely gorgeous, so I'm VERY excited about seeing the leaves and stuff since we will be in the mountains! However, I'm NOT so excited that it is freaking freezing cold here and part of the race requires that you swim in a lake at 9 am!!! AND to add insult to injury...I have an injury! I have a broken hamstring!!! Okay, it's not really "broken," but it really hurts! And I have a super sore throat. I'm in a pitiful state, I tell you! I don't know exactly where I lost it, but I can't find my motivation....but I'm hoping my competetive spirit will kick in today or tomorrow and carry me thru! It would probably help if I worked out one day this week....hehehe.... You should check out the website for this race: www.set-upinc.com . The race is in the Virginia triathlon series and its the Shernando Lake race. It is in the same series of races that got me started doing this--the Bath Co. race I went with Anne to back in June. The need to know info for my race on Saturday is as follows: swim 1/2 mile; bike 19 miles; run 5k (3.1 miles)--participants--Me and Anne for the whole race; friends Kim and Jon doing a relay--their first tri!!! You GO FELLAS!!! Lodging in Staunton, VA (pronounced stan-ton--if you care--I don't, but people keep correcting me!). This one is gonna be a doozy. It's a really long bike portion. The swim is in the lake so it is liable to be REALLY cold! Pray for sun!!! Regardless, I am so excited. I am a triathlete. I am a swimmer. I am a biker. I am not a runner, but I can run. Who woulda thought 5 months ago that I would be on my 3rd triathlon. I can't WAIT to get "bonzai" across my butt!!!! (see previous posts regarding "bonzai")
This is the race that got it all started...gave me the bug--the Bath Co. tri. Our race Saturday should look alot like this...
Wish me luck! Say a prayer! I'm melancholy about the end of the season (although the Kona Ironman is on Saturday!!!) but so excited that I got "a season." I can't wait till the spring!

1 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger The Gallaghers said...

sweet stuff.....make the warriors of Japan proud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home