Saturday, February 25, 2006

Discovery Rocks!

Hello strangers!!! It's been awhile since I've been on here...whew!!! It's been a fast and furious 2 weeks. I had a whole week off before I started my new job and I had a great time. I slept late everyday which was awesome and got a ton of things done that are just hard to do when you are working-banking, post office stuff, taxes, etc... I also got a chance to go to lunch with friends, work out, catch up on some reading, see Third Day in concert, and just relax. It was perfect. I realized that despite my disappointment about not getting to go home for the week, God prepared that week for me to chill out, rest and prepare my heart for the new job. WOW. I had no idea how much I would need it!!!

New job started on Tuesday-Monday was a holiday. I can't remember having a first day of work ANYWHERE where I didn't feel like, "oh my gosh, what have I done!" My first day at Discovery was no exception. It was CRAZY. Got there way early (because I left 2 hours early to make sure I'd get there on time-not used to the commute yet) and then when I went in, I was bombarded! My boss gave me a 2 week schedule--down to the minute--and it was WAY overwhelming. One hour to the next I was jumping from one person to another recieving technical, complicated explanation after explanation--having not a clue the entire time! By Tuesday evening I was burnt. I didn't even make it to BSF...I just went home and vegged. Wed. morning I had a little "come to Jesus" with myself--I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt that God has ordered this job for me--did I mention that my territory is Arkansas and Alabama???? So Wed. morning I got up praising the Lord for this amazing blessing--finanacially, challenging (means not being bored!), great company, etc.... Then, I hit the road. Here's the funny part, and I'll try to be brief...

Left the house Wed. morning looking fly. My fave camel colored wool pants, starched white shirt and blue jean jacket. All highlighted by Shauna's super cute, cheetah print loafers. By the time I was 15 min. down the road, I realized that the rain I encountered when I walked out the door was turning to sleet. (I don't watch the news-EVER-therefore I had no idea.) A few minutes later, that sleet was snow, and not long after that, that snow was FURIOUSLY coming down. Needless to say traffic was banged up pretty good. I was late for my orientation at the HQ building and about to pee in my pants to boot! I made it to Bethesda--still with 20 minutes more or so left on the trip to Silver Spring-but I had to go to the bathroom. I stopped at McD's and on my way back to the car, in the driving snow/sleet/slush, the worst thing happened. I BUSTED MY TAIL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PARKING LOT. Now, I fall ALOT. That's not the problem. The problem was that the entire right hand side of my body was sopping wet and covered in parking lot grossness and there was a hole in my pants and my knee was spurting blood to boot! Oh...and did I mention I was already like 20 min. late with another 20 or so to go??? I freaked out for a second or two....called Shauna and Anne--both of whom said to keep going....went in, cleaned myself up a bit (thankfully, after it dried, all you could see were the bloodstains on my knee and the hole!) and made it to orientation! Tragic, ain't it??? But hilarious!!! The funniest thing was, as I was laying on the parking lot ground, all I could think was don't let your hair get wet!!! I did just get a new do, after all!!! :)

The week has gotten progressively better and better everyday. I am sooo excited! Hopefully, as I get more aclimated, I will be able to stay in better contact. In the meantime, I'm using my PIMPIN' SPANKING NEW LAPTOP to steal a little bit of a wireless connection from a neighbor!! HA! If you're interested in what I do...go to www.unitedstreaming.com and check it out. This is the product I support and implement. Awesome. More details to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home