Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Grateful.

I saw someone's blog that periodically posted 5 things she was grateful for, based on her journaling which required her to list 5 things everyday. I think it's a great idea. So I'm gonna steal it! Here is my gratitude for today:

1. Health. I don't feel good today and my calves are inexplicably crazy sore--but I am healthy. What a HUGE blessing. Too many people wait to live until they start to die...I don't want to do that.

2. Light. I love sleep and nighttime and all that...but I love the light of day. I realized yesterday when I came out of the metro that it was still daylight. That means the days are getting longer. Halleluiah.

3. Grace. When people say they are sorry it's almost better than if whatever they are sorry for hadn't happened to begin with. The pleasure of extending and having grace extended to you is humbling and awesome to me. I hope I can do more of it.

4. Friendship. When it's great, it's perfect. Not even with your family can you experience such a bond as you do with a great friend. No blood ties, yet bound. Powerful. Even when it's hard, it's still great. Life when it is all going wrong is still better than life without it. There aren't too many things you can say that about.

5. Water. Cleansing, refreshing, powerful, thirst-quenching, dangerous....nothing quite like it in all of its forms.

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger The Gallaghers said...

I will try to offend you more often so you can accomplish #3!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Christy said...

HAHAHA. please do...cause it's just not hard enough already!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home