Friday, January 13, 2006

All things considered...

I am so ready for a long weekend, I can't stand it! I'm not sure why...it's not like I have big plans (Shauna's bum knee is messing up our skiing!) but I am still so excited. I think it's likely because it's just been a long week. I'm ready to take a nap or something!

It's been like near 60 for the past few days. I went running last nite after work-in the daylight! Of course, I only had 15 minutes of it, but still! Wore my new shoes and everything! It was nice.

I started out pretty stoked this morning about it being Friday and all...feeling a little blah right this second (of course, it could be the General Tso's chicken I had in Chinatown for lunch) so I think it's a good time for another "grateful" list. Here goes:

1. Orange pants. I love mine. I'm wearing them right now. I love the fact that God made us creative and personality-filled and that there are pants that can express it!

2. Pets. I had a good night with all 3 of mine last nite (2 kitties and Austin, who lives upstairs). What a neat expression of God's love--unconditional and undeserved.

3. Flowers. I cannot wait for spring. I saw some green bulb buds last nite and I'm pumped.

4. Guilt. Don't get me wrong, I know guilt is Satan's tool to use against us...but it's the conscience that preceeds it. I'm so thankful I feel guilt. I know people who don't and they are scary.

5. Spell check. Technology in general, actually. It has some bad qualities....but how easy has it made our lives!

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I haven't seen the orange pants yet and I want to. Tonight, tonight, tonights the night, woahohohoh. Also something someone said to me that is really good "condemnation(from the devil) brings depression, conviction (from the Holy Spirit) brings action". Helps me to decipher between the two sometimes. Somehow it relates to guilt, but in all things we should ask the Lord what He sees and what He wants us to do regarding our feelings and emotions.

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when you express yourself in your pants. Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard right now.
Love, Anonymous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home