Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Confession

So. Here's my voyeristic (sp?) confession. When I first signed up on eblogger I was looking around at random blogs (you know you do it too...that constant running tickertape thing that spews other people's blogs at you). I was trying to decide my format and such...when I ran across a very interesting blog from someone in Texas. It was hilarious and witty and smart. In fact, I laughed outloud. Not hard for me to do, granted, but if you make me laugh outloud, I'm a sucker for you. So occassionally, I go back and check it out just to see what they are up to. I feel a little bit like I know this person now. Of course I don't...but I do admire their writing skills and a few of their attitudes about life. Today tho, I randomly checked their blog, and I kind of feel like I've violated their space. It was raw and honest and painful. It was filled with distrust and unmet longing and pain. It was sad and sweet and pitiful all at the same time. It was a huge reminder of how much we are created to be in relationships--with each other and with our creator. This person is missing one of those and suffering with the other because of it...and mourning it all. I feel very blessed. I've had a hard week....whew, am I EVER ready to get home. I still have another week here and I'm not excited about it. All this eating out is making me gain weight, and I want to go to the pool and work out, and I feel like I'm missing Christmas, and it's kind of lonely here, and whine and whine and whine.....but....I just got a huge reality check. And for that, I am grateful to my stranger-friend, my co-inhabitor of this blog-o-sphere. Here's to hoping you find what you're looking for.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Blogger The Gallaghers said...

well put.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home