Friday, November 18, 2005

Whew....

What a week! It has been a crazy week and I gotta say, I'm PUMPED it's Friday! My boss has been gone all week, so I've been holding down the fort by myself. That means I've had a class EVERY DAY this week. GRRRRR.... Might not sound like much, but let me tell you, it stinks! I can't believe that Thanksgiving is less than a week away! And that means that Turkey Chase race (10K, which is more than 6 miles!) is less than a week away, too!!! Gulp.

I saw Jarhead last nite. It was way more Full Metal Jacket than Blackhawk Down. It was really good. Sad news--they don't play Kanye till the end of the movie. Total bummer.

Funny story for ya--sorry they've been lacking this week, just hasn't been much going on, although I do expect some good stuff to happen this weekend! You may have heard me mention my fear of crickets...not just regular crickets, but specifically the kind of crickets that inhabit my apt. Also called Camel Crickets--but I call them tiny, unpredictable, crazy fast, demons from hell. Anyway, I don't like 'em. I was in the kitchen the other nite washing dishes...when I felt something hit my foot. I stood at the sink, KNOWING what was on my foot. But I couldn't look down. I just COULD NOT bring myself to do it. I had a couple of choices at this point. Heart attack, cry, scream and run, etc.... I got ahold of myself....took a deep breath...said a quick prayer...then very calmly said--"I don't know what you are doing on my foot, but you better get off so that when I kill you you don't splash me with guts." I say all of this very seriously without looking down, mind you--cause I think I for real might not ever be the same if I actually SEE the demon on my foot....kind of like looking directly into the sun and burning your retinas. After about 10 seconds I start to wiggle my foot and immediately I feel the demon jump off. About that time, I start to scream, run for the fly swatter and commit insecticide. I'm just not sure I'll ever be the same.

(by the way...here's a pic of one...you have to scroll down to see it--http://www.ivyhall.district96.k12.il.us/4th/kkhp/1insects/cricket.html)

3 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, first, gross. Second, you got your hair did??? Post a picture! And third, happy birthday Carol and Betty!! Love, Anonymous

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Hey Anonymous (AMY POPE JAMES) I did get my hairs did....it looks exactly the same as when I moved here! It had REALLY gotten long..sniffo. Except i got highlights, too....well, mmore like streaks....I'll get a pic soon!

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe Christy these things are awful!!! My nightmares of them have slowly subsided.
Former inhabitant of the basement

 

Post a Comment

<< Home