Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Thoughts on France...

You know, there is a part of me that wants to say, "See-what comes around goes around and now you're getting a taste of what you deserve for being so unsupportive of the U.S. in our time of crisis." That part of me is also the part that struggles everyday with finding who I am in Christ--and not in Christy. It's the part of me that forgets how grace has saved me from getting what I deserve. It's that part of me that is ugly and unforgiving and grace-less and self-absorbed. The worst part of me.

There is no pleasure in watching a country fall apart. Seeing her people rise up against her in random lawlessness and acts of violent disobedience. Particularly for something like this. It all began sadly with 2 boys running from the police and accidentally being electrocuted. Now, it's turned into a malay. A riot. A complete disaster.

According to the news Chirac is trying to take a stand... "Mr Chirac, who had spoken of a French republic resolved to show itself "stronger than those who want to sow violence or fear"... And for you, Mr. Chirac, I'm praying for wisdom and strength to be bold and courageous in the face of anarchy. Godspeed.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger The Gallaghers said...

Poor France.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home