Thursday, November 17, 2005

Veteren's weekend events...

So it's been a busy week. I've neglected the blog-o-sphere this week. I should have mentioned my "painting adventure" earlier... You know last Friday was a holiday-Veteren's Day to be exact. Thankfully, I work at a government location, therefore, I got off work. I helped my friend Anne paint her bedroom Friday. Pretty much all day and nite. I am just now getting over the soreness (pitiful, I know). We painted her room white. It was fun. It was hard. I am still covered in white paint, despite the 12 or so showers I've had since then. I keep finding odd markings all over myself, depending on what I am wearing. I have a strange paintblot on the bottom of my foot that seems to be in the shape of the Virgin Mary...maybe I should sell it on ebay and pay off my student loans. The good news is, since I just got my hair "striped" or highlighted drastically, you can't make out most of the specks of paint in my hair unless you are up close. Of course, at first it appears to be lice. Oiy.

So Sunday after church, Anne and I went on a long bike ride. About 2 and a half hours to be exact. Long enough to be REALLY ready to get off the bike and off that seat the size of a quarter for sure. It was a gorgeous ride. It was a fast ride. We only took one real break. It was likely one of the last beautiful days around here before Old Man Winter comes and hikes his leg on my parade. He's peeing ALL OVER it today. It's cold and rainy. Ick. Alas, I have the memory of Sunday to think about and the pineapple bits I brought for lunch to remind me of Hawaii... In the meantime, be patient with me for the next few months when I ask, "is it July yet?"

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger The Gallaghers said...

let's see a photo of the new hairdo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home