Friday, September 21, 2007

Fun times...

It has been a crazy busy week this week! Today should be much more chill, but quite frankly, by yesterday afternoon, I was a little bit silly. So....in true Rogers fashion...with the help of Loverman (Lisa Overman)--we made a couple of prank calls.

Now-those of you who know me, know that in high school and especially college, I was famous for my prank calling skills. And a few other things, ahem, but for the purpses of this post let's focus on the prank calls.

My 3 most famous prank calls are:

1. "Hello, is your mother there, this is Linda from down the street". This is said over and over and over again (no matter the response), with a mixture of a quasi-southern, Brooklyn accent, with emphasis on "I need to speak to your mother!"

2. "Get your pig out of my yard." This one is said in a menacing whisper, with a little bit of oinking thrown in when appropriate. It definately gets the best reactions.

3. "Birdcage. Burritto. Kill!!! Don't eat the pepperonni. Be at the carwash, 7:00, be there, yeah, yeah." This one is hard to get through. It's just so freaking funny. And the reactions are so shocked, that it takes a tremendous amount of self-control to even get to burritto!

So yesterday, at work, Loverman and I were having a mild form of hysteria when we decided to do "birdcage" on one of my co-workers, Noah. Keep in mind, Noah is a sweetheart. Very sweet, in fact, had just bought my lunch cause I had no money. So I decided to repay him. I called him from my cell--to his work number. I said, "Birdcage." He said, "what?" I said, "birdcage." He said, "Oh! Birdcage!" I said, "birdcage!" He said, "Birdcage, is that all you've got!?" I had tears streaming down my face and Loverman was rolling in the floor we were laughing so hard. I had to hang up. It's tough to get to burritto, I tell you.

Not long after, Noah started IM'ing our co-workers to see if they had called him. He didn't IM me. No clue.

Not long after, Loverman wanted me to call one of her officemates and do the same thing. So, of course I did. I gave her the pig call. Her reaction was so funny--she was like, "what? WHAT???" When she got off the phone, apparently all she could say was, "I'm so creeped out!"

High-larious. Nothing like pretending you are 14. Priceless.

Loverman is working from home today...I think she may get a couple of calls....

4 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger amyj said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Sorry I keep missing your calls. My very favorite is burrito, birdcage, kill! I'm laughing right now just thinking about it. good times.

aj

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

it was funny. Especially when Poker Face Christy couldn't keep a straight face when saying birdcage :)

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some funny stories.
Hope you are doing well!

Alana

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Maradee said...

Oh, Christy. I am laughing alone in my house right now just thinking about these. I'm trying to stifle the laughs, but it just makes them sound even weirder. ;) I miss you! You can prank call me anytime. 'Cept I'll recognize you immediately. I can just see you cracking up on 'birdcage' and not being able to continue. That's the best part about the pranks--watching you while doing it.
mk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home