Tuesday, February 20, 2007

So sleepy....

This weekend I went on a retreat with my church youth group--11th grade girls, specifically.

Geez. I forgot how much drama there was in High School.

Holy Cow. Who knew it was possible to function for 4 days on 0 sleep??

I'm not even sure how to begin to describe the weekend. It was cold and snowy and a gorgeous setting. But exhausting.

I may be too old to work with high school kids. :(

All I kept thinking during every activity they played, was, surely this is a terribly dangerous idea! Lots of throwing things at each other...dodgeball, stressball dodgeball...lots of blindfolded games....lots of snow/ice games (frozen lake broomball---yikes!!!). It was exhausting being so scared for them the whole time!

But God was there. In a big way. It was amazing. Not sure if the youth thing is my gig--but I'm so glad I went. Fun to hang for a minute here and there with Tango, and made a new friend, too. But mostly just got to love on kids all weekend. Pics to come. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home