Thursday, January 18, 2007

Way behind already...

Happy New Year!!! Whew. Fast and furious already! I'm way behind already this year!!! I'm a bad blogger, too.... Let's see....a little catchup. New Y ear's was spent at Bethany Beach for the 2nd year in a row. The polar bear plunge was cold!!! But fairly mild. The outside temp was probably 60 or so. But the water was freezing! Pics from the beach....

This was pre-2nd plunge. We did 2!!
Blowing out my b-day candles.

The whole NY's gang.
Mine and Anne's yearly, cheap cigar! This year, in the rain!
So things at work are really good--and getting better every day. We are starting to dig out after the sheer craziness that occurred after the layoffs. It's still crazy busy and there are alot of things that I wish were different, but this is a huge opportunity to shine, too. I think I'll pull out my polish.... ;)
The baby boy--Landon--is doing great!!!! He's up to 6lbs 13 oz as of last week--so he's probably over 7lbs now! He's eating some cereal and still sleeping alot. Not so bad considering he should only be about 5 days old!
Shauna is in town this week. Got here yesterday, and we are already having a blast! She's really busy with work stuff, but is fitting me into a lot of fun stuff, too! We had dinner w/ Beth, Dedra and Sarah (all the DC bosses--her old ones, my current) at Dungrats--the VERY BEST thai food anywhere! Just forgive the name! We are headed skiing on Saturday--so exciting! So good to have some time with her.
This past weekend, I spent in Goshen, VA--way down south--at a YoungLife camp--RockBridge. It was actually not a YL camp--but a local church here using their facility and some of their staff. I have NEVER seen ANYTHING like this camp! It was AMAZING. Olympic sized pool. 50 person hottub. Houses nicer than my parents filled with dorm style bunkbeds. Really, really good food (we had steak one nite). This is not like the chuch camp I went to!!! I served on work crew, as a server, so it was alot of work all day, with about 3-4 hours off a day. It was hard-but awesome. Anne went too, and we went running a couple of times in the woods (I totally busted it coming down this huge hill and got major road rash and stabbed in the foot--which was no fun.), we took in the scenery, watched the kids SWIM in the lake after doing Zipline. It was crazy--IN JANUARY!!! I love global warming! ;) We got home late Sunday nite. Had Monday off and pretty much slept.
Lots has happened since my last post...this is about all I've got for now. Upcoming events: skiing this weekend, NYC b-day trip, perhaps another youth group trip in Feb! We shall see....
In the spirit of the New Year--and b/c it's been awhile....
I'm Grateful For:
1. Prayer. Those who pray for me. That Jesus himself intercedes for me. That it's powerful and a direct line. Wow.
2. Nature. What an awesome way to show God's glory.
3. Work. I'm grateful to have a job. To be blessed financially. To have purpose.
4. Health. It's so important and so easy to take for granted--until you lose it.
5. New Babies. I love mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home