Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A week ago....

It doesn't seem like it's been a week. Except it's really quiet and kind of lonely around here. Last Wednesday, Discovery laid off over 100 folks from my division. That translated into like 35-40 from my team, and 5 from my immediate team, Team 2. It was a hard, hard day. It's been a hard week--for them, and for us left behind. It's not the same without them here. It's quiet and as you can imagine, no one feels very secure. I am thankful and grateful for my job. But I miss my peeps: Alex, Loverman, Maya, Blair, Matty S., all of them.... My prayers are with them as they begin the next chapter in their career. Our hope is sure--God is soverign and kind, and I know He will take care of them. Selfishly, I just miss you guys!!

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger The Gallaghers said...

wow--so glad you got to stay--hate that others had to leave. Were any of them good friends?

when are you coming in?

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good friends.

Come in the 23rd thru the 28th (not counting travel days)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home