Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Let the games begin...

So I'm in Alabama right this second. Birmingham, to be exact. Flew in last nite (not on an ark quite yet--crazy rain in metro DC). Went out to dinner down in Southside with Sarah. We had a nice dinner, checked into our hotel, got up early this morning went to the YMCA for a workout--then headed over to the B'ham Jefferson Conv. Center for the AETC conference. We'll be here until tomorrow about 5:30 pm. I'm hoping to get to see Deacy and Bryan and the new baby--we're having dinner with Dallas and Rusty tonite. I'm also hoping to get a glimpse of Jennifer Kinard! We'll see! It's all very ambitious!

It's been a crazy 2-3 weeks of travel for me--hence the extra slacking on the blog. However, I do have some fun things to report...

1. Time at home was FABULOUS. It was so good to see everybody. I missed Amy and John and the girls--but hopefully, I'll get to go see just them soon. I had the extra special treats of seeing Heather numerous times, and getting my daddy all to myself on Father's Day.

2. Work is going GREAT. I still love it. I keep wondering if the other shoe is gonna drop---I think it's been THAT long since I've loved getting up everyday! It's great. Praise the Lord!

3. Flying--I've been flying all over the place the last couple of months....and I'm doing okay. I'm still not a great flyer--but it's not too bad!

4. Finished (barely) my first REAL triathlon on Saturday. More to come in separate post.

5. Looing forward to a fabulous summer--already well underway. Heading to the beach next weekend...figuring out a trip to NYC--and another bigger better beach trip! Wahoooo!!!!

Good times. Looking forward to good weather again. Hanging in there. Let me know what's going on!

Fun, random shot for you....Welcome to the gun show!!!! :) From the Manassas tri...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home