Thursday, September 27, 2007

I read something today...

It absolutely moved me. I saw it on a friend of a friend's blog--props.

"As I woke up this morning, I was talking to God and was nearly moved to tears. I was telling him how sorry I was that I couldn’t deserve him.

He said that it was better that way. He said if I could deserve him than I wouldn’t need him.

It’s a leap and possibly heretical, but I think that our desire to be loved and needed is not just God-given, it’s one of the ways that we reflect his character. Maybe it’s love.

Maybe true love creates that desire for the people we love to love us and need us back, but also provides the grace that allows us to love people even when they can’t fulfil that desire."

Beautiful and true. God longs for us to love Him--as I long to be loved. Wow. Powerful words. Thank you, friend of a friend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home