Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Bath County, part III....

So this weekend was the annual Bath County Triathlon.

Differences b/w 2006 and 2007:
-Shauna didn't come. :(
-I didn't do the run...Tango and I did a relay---I did the swim/bike, she did the run. Our team name is "Duck, Duck, Goose!"
-I didn't wear a wetsuit. I had a new one and it was so tight I couldn't feel my legs--just couldn't do it.
-We had a REALLY nice house...very cute and as Anne put it, "very high end."
-We celebrated Saturday nite w/ fireworks, steak dinners, champagne and a movie.
-I spent all nite/early morning Sat. throwing up from some sort of bug or food poisioning--and all day Sunday on the couch. Ick. So sick. But my precious friends took great care of me...so sweet.
-I didn't want to die after doing the bike portion of the race (Of course I went REALLY slow--but I do love Eduardo-my new bike).
-This year we stopped along this beautiful spot on the river where we always say we want to wade--turns out it is private property, but we got permission to go down to the river but "to watch out for snakes-they are really bad here." That was enough for me...ready to go--don't care how pretty it is!
Things that were the same b/w 2006 and 2007:
-Me, Anne and Tango. Triple threat, Baby!!!
-Anne is still a monster. I tell you...that girl is a BEAST.
-Still had a great time.
-Still in the beautiful mountains of western Virginia.
-Still loving feeling of finishing a tri...but hating the 10 min. before it begins!
-Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home